The USDA Rural Development’s Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program assists moderate income homebuyers achieve their dream of home ownership in non-urban areas!
USDA Home Loans Brings Affordable Financing To Homebuyers.
Applicants must purchase a single-family home within the eligible rural areas (population under 10,000), and have a household income that does not exceed the established limits where the home is located.
USDA Guaranteed Loan Benefits:
- 100% financing, no down payment is required. The loan amount may not exceed 100% of the appraised value, plus the guarantee fee may be included.
- Flexible credit guidelines.
- Fixed 30-year interest rates.
- No maximum purchase price.
- Eligible closing costs and lender fees may be included in the loan up to the appraised value or paid by the applicant or the seller
- Not limited to first time homebuyers
The main advantage of USDA Guaranteed Home Loans is the zero down payment requirement. Also, the comparatively cheap mortgage insurance rates make the monthly payment lower than a similar FHA home loan. ‘Rural’ typically means a non-urban area. Many small towns qualify!
Search USDA maps for property eligibility and income limited: USDA Home Loan Eligibility Website (On the left side of the web page click under Property Eligibility > Single Family Housing or Income Limits > Guaranteed